Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hey, it's a local BurdaStyle Sewing Club!

If you haven't checked out BurdaStyle yet it's worth a look--many of the patterns are free and all are open source! The BurdaStyle community is very big on DIY creativity and members are encouraged to share their creations and upload helpful tips and new patterns. In the spirit of sharing and learning from your fellow sewing enthusiasts they started organizing BurdaStyle Sewing Clubs worldwide. I'm organizing one here in Berkeley, CA at Waterside Workshops. If you are interested in joining, please send me an e-mail at lacucitura AT yahoo DOT com. I think we will meet one evening twice a month. We all need to get way more sewing done, right? I know I do!

Here's the BurdaStyle blog page with all of the Sewing Club information:
www.burdastyle.com/blog You can also click on the badge to the right of this post.

And more information about Waterside Workshops:
http://www.watersideworkshops.org/

No comments: