Wednesday, June 17, 2009

An Easy Way to Turn Bias Cording Right Side Out - Threads

This just in from the Threads magazine newsletter: An Easy Way to Turn Bias Cording Right Side Out - Threads and just in time! The BurdaStyle blouse I'm making has belt loops but I plan on ditching those in favor of a couple of back ties--more flattering on me, I think. But have you ever tried to turn one of those skinny tubes right side out after you've sewn it? I have never managed to make one that looks good, the poor sewn end always looks a little mangled after having been yanked through to the right side with a needle and thread or one of those long hook thingies. I'll try this trick and let y'all know how it turns out!

Posted using ShareThis

3 comments:

amgspot said...

have you ever tried the little trick on a serger using the rolled hem?
it's a quick and easy way to make 'spaghetti strap' sized tubes!
if you're interested, i can give you details on the technique at sewclub on the 2nd!

:), lisa

Katie said...

I don't think I've tried that! Yes, please show me at the Club meeting! :)

amgspot said...

will do!