Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Wardrobe Musings

I usually want to sew the most when I have the least amount of time or my attention should be focused elsewhere (hello Taxes!). Right now I'm itching to make the very cute dress I talked about a couple of posts ago in some springy fabric but that little voice of reason keeps whispering in my ear that I really, really, really should finish something that has been sitting around first. Stupid reason.

Well, I am working on a skirt from the Dutch pattern magazine Knip Mode that has been a very exciting exercise in patience since the written instructions are all in Dutch and there are no line drawings. An old friend of mine came to my rescue and translated a passage for me but I'm still scratching my head a bit and have been avoiding diving in while I'm still slightly jet-lagged and distracted.

Hmmmm, I think Cleaning the Sewing Studio tonight is a good idea--I can be kind of brainless but still productive. :)

No comments: