Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Thoughts following a visit to the Sewing & Stitchery Expo

It was a busy week! The Expo up in Puyallup, Washington, is one of the biggest sewing expos in the country and honestly, I don't know how I managed to walk out of there with my purse intact. It might have something to do with the fact that I have Way Too Many Projects going at home already. Will this be the year of The Stash for me? I think so. For example, I found this little pattern tucked inside of another pattern I was prepping for sale on my Etsy site, Vintage Rouge:


The blue dress in the middle is screaming for me to make it up in some kind of cheery spring fabric. Do I need to go shopping? Nah, a dig through my stash and I'll come up with something!

I've been thinking a lot about my wardrobe lately, especially after packing for this trip and realizing everything I brought was either black, grey, or white. That's fine for mixy-matchy work clothes but I think it's time to step it up a bit and jump out of the costuming box and back into the "I love clothes!" box for a while. Of course I love modern clothes as much as I love the historical stuff but lately I think I've been far too dependent on jeans, yoga pants, and t-shirts since I work from home so much. My new goal is to mix it up! There are soooooooo many cute skirts/dresses/pants/tops/blouses in my pattern stash waiting for my attention that sometimes I forget what I've got stashed away. Time to dig out all of those patterns and come up with a wardrobe plan of action, starting with the cute little number above. Stay tuned for more on Revamp 2010!

No comments: