Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Maker Faire is this weekend!!!

I love Maker Faire and this year I'll be working in the BurdaStyle booth helping people sew drawstring bags! I'll be there until 2 p.m. on Saturday. After that I hope to catch some friends playing music on one of the stages and generally just hanging out and marveling at all of the cool stuff that people have created.
The project is this cute, quick, drawstring bag. I made one up following the instructions and have already found a good use for it. :)
Can't you just see whipping up a bunch of these and keeping them on hand? Yay for reusable gift bags! In my family, we pass around gift bags until they start looking shabby so I think I'll make up a few in holiday prints this winter and get them circulating. (There is never a shortage of wine bags in this family!) What a great way to use up some of the smaller pieces you have left over from other projects. You can get the full instructions here
And information on BurdaStyle at Maker Faire can be found Here
Hope to see you there!

No comments: