Friday, May 6, 2011

Trying to decide...

Taken at "The Brunswick" workshop hosted by Burnley & Trowbridge
Next week I'm going to start my 18th century redingote. The clock is ticking! I need to get it done before the end of the month. I will probably need to drape the pattern and draping a pattern on yourself is a big PITA, so I've been trying to decide exactly what to do about it. I think I've come to a solution: throw my 18th century stays onto the crappy dressform, pad if necessary, attempt a first draping. Is this ideal? Naw, but until I can actually go for some kind of customized form this just might have to do. I figure there's enough hardware in the stays to at least give me a good start. Then I'm sure there will be lots of reshuffling, repinning, refitting after that....

No comments: